Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Thursday 8 September 2016

DURDLE DOOR AND ALL THAT

Had a lot of fun swimming some of the iconic landmarks of Britain's south coast at the weekend.

On Saturday I swam through Durdle Door in rough seas and then pottered around in Man O War bay playing in the waves breaking over the rocks. We all then hiked and climbed down, yes climbed not walked down, to the pool at Dancing Ledge. Just amazing experiences but did not enjoy hauling my low centre of gravity up the cliff face looking for leg and hand holds.

On Sunday I swam in the Round Brownsea Island event. Brilliant swim but pretty lumpy for over half the course. I was the second oldest real swimmer, non wetsuit, finished 8th in the 50-60 age group and 23rd overall in the non wetsuit event. Not bad for an old fella!

Onwards and upwards towards Gibraltar. I am in a good place for someone with degenerating shoulders and wish the swim was tomorrow as I am ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!