Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Sunday 10 May 2015

PILING UP THE Ks

Despite taking 2 fieldwork expeditions away from school in the last 3 weeks and having to spend cold afternoons umpiring cricket, I am now managing to get 2 or 3 good swims in a week.

This weekend we are not at school so I have had 4 good swims in the interestingly rust coloured waters of the Nene. Fear not for my health, the experts assure me that it is only plant sediment as the river foliage is now beginning to grow after the winter.

The water is hovering just over 12C although it did drop slightly after the rains this week. Happily I can report that the Swans with attitude have let me swim past them this week so they seem to have worked out that this fine figure of an athlete can't swim fast enough to give them any trouble.

Nature watch:

This week I have swum very close to swans, a heron, plenty of ducks and Canada geese and most interestingly Highland cattle with giant horns. I have also seen fish through the murky water so the water must be ok!

Just playing the new ACDC album. The neighbours should be awake by 8 o'clock on a sunny Sunday morning anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!