Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Tuesday 7 April 2015

JERSEY NOW LOOMS!

I am now back safe and sound from my Straits of Gibraltar experience.

The Levante wind made any chance of a swim totally impossible so I will be back in 2016 to finish what I have started.

Hey ho, can't do anything about the weather so upwards and onwards. My focus now switches to the lovely island of Jersey in the first week of August when I will be swimming the 44 miles around it.

I was back in the Nene today for an hour, 10.5 C water but a warm sun on my back made it quite comfortable. After looking at my speed for the shorter Gibraltar crossing I am now looking at building up my time in the water for the longer Jersey swim.

Start my last term at school next week. Time will fly and on the 4th of July ( oh say can you see ) I will be a retired old man, well teacher anyway.

Radar Love, voted Planet Rocks number 1 driving song. Can't argue but I went for Free Bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!