Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday 20 April 2015

2 SIDES BETTER THAN 1?

Dear reader, all my life I have been a 4 stroke, breathe to the right swimmer. Now this is fine and dandy if the sea is smooth to my right. If it is lumpy then I get to drink plenty of sea water.

This year I have been working on bilateral breathing, that is 3 strokes breath right, 3 strokes breath left. I have to admit that it felt very strange at first but I have persevered and it is now feeling more natural.

Yesterday I did a 2 hour river swim and stuck with bilateral all the way. Actually, I covered the swim distance a little faster that I did before.

The river is now 12C although the air yesterday was only 6C when I got in. I do not even notice the water temperature now so I am able to build up the time in the water as I head towards my Jersey swim.

Counting down the days to retirement, not counting but 54 to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!