Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Tuesday 20 January 2015

STRAITS of GIBRALTAR CONFIRMED

Look out for a speeding fat boy in the first week of April if you are sailing between Spain and Morocco as my swim is definitely on.

Assuming that I pass my medical next week, I will swim the Straits very, very early in the season. The water should be 16C so that will be toastie compared to the mighty Nene which is most definitely sub tropical at the moment.

Last week the river was pretty hard core as the lock was open and it was big, brown and very bad. A sane person would not have got in, but hey, it had to be done. My swimmers were full of mud at the end!

I am raising my mileage now so I have to put up with the red eyes and the au de chlorine as my companions, roll on warmer weather so I can spend more time in the river.

Just got a digital radio in my car, Planet Rock is getting the doors vibrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!