Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Thursday 29 January 2015

HOW COLD ACTUALLY IS COLD?

The first bad day of snow around the place today so I took the opportunity to get into the river!

Unbelievably I did not see a single snow flake all day although places all around had blizzards! The water was a balmy 3C with and air temperature of 2C with a sharp cold wind. My Dry Robe is just the best thing ever and prevents me getting cold as I try to change quickly. It is creeping up to self lighting BBQ charcoal as the best invention ever.

There are cold water swimming events on at the moment with lots of people swimming short distances. This weekend at Windermere there is an ice Kilometre, now that will be hardcore in the snow and chilled wind. ( my pleasure Colin Hill ) Sadly, I will be at school so miss yet another event.

This proves that it is possible to swim in very cold water as long as you are sensible and don't try to do too much. I am swimming a very short distance in the river as I am upping my milage in the pool at the moment.

I cannot describe the feeling of getting into water that is so cold as it is like swimming over broken glass whilst being stabbed by knives! The amazing feeling after it is worth it all!

My Hi Fi amp died this week, got a cheapie and boy what a difference 15 years technology development makes. My new one gives out a sound quality zillions of times better than my old one.
Cold Chisel got the inaugural blasting. Hello neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!