Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Sunday 9 November 2014

ICE, ICE BABY!

Hurrah 😀 the ice is back!

On Thursday I had to scrape the ice off the car, well actually I use warm water, much faster, no cracked windscreen yet, and later that morning had a refreshing swim in the river.😁.

The water was just on11C with an air temperature of 10C. The water was beautiful but I did get the shivers trying to pour my Green Tea in the Old Barn afterwards.

Off again tomorrow for another swim but with all the rain this weekend it will be testing.
Will Owens is looking to swim as well, listen out for the screams as he hits the water around 11 00!
Gutsy boy!😝.

This is the next day's follow up. Will did nearly 30 minutes in the river with me today. Great effort, 60 million other people in this country couldn't have done that!

I will swim with him again in 2 weeks as by then my ears should have recovered from all the squealing.

AC/DC let's play ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!