Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Friday 25 July 2014

ALL IS WELL WITH THE WORLD

After the rigours of the English Channel it is wonderful to be back in the peace and serenity of the mighty River Nene.

This morning I did 3 hours and was accompanied by a Heron and later on, 2 Red Kites that circled me for half an hour. Now I know that Kites feed on carrion and that I am very old, but I'm sure that I wasn't going that slowly! Perhaps I was. Anyway, they got bored and flew off.

Building up now to my aurigny ALDERNEY to FRANCE swim on the 21st of August.
This is a tough assignment as the infamous RACE of ALDERNEY will make this like swimming in a  spin drier. I have swum the Hellespont with its 9 knot current so it won't be a totally new experience.

Had a mid life crisis this week and started jogging again. Nothing much mind you. I am talking 10 laps of the local cricket field. Talk about a sweat fest! Knees have survived so far but I am looking to up my fitness levels as I am now planning more testing and difficult swims for 2015.

Kate, Doug, Tabby and Phoebe are over from the USA next week. Can't wait. All breakables have been put on the top shelves. That because of the toddlers, not because Kate and Doug are clumsy, well not Doug anyway!

Listening to the Best of Rock in the car at the moment. Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!