Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Friday 18 July 2014

16 HOURS 6 MINUTES OF FUN!

I am home now after my swim with the ON PORPOISE DIABETES UK Channel swimming team.

The Channel crossing took 16 hours and 6 minutes in challenging conditions. The very high spring tide took the swimmers way north and at one point it was thought by the pilot that the landing would be in Holland! That would have been cool. Not many people have swum there!

Although the winds did not drop as predicted, the mighty currents eventually had all swimmers back on course and we all landed around the Calais/Sangette region. It was a great feeling to climb out on the rocks at the base of the cliff.

2 more stones down my swimmers for my collection. Hold on, that doesn't read well! You know what I mean.

I have had one day off, and now I am heading back to my beloved Nene today to swim out the shoulders for a couple of hours. Lovely smooth water.

Alderney to France is now 4 weeks away so upwards and onwards.

I listened to the golf and cricket on the way home from Dover yesterday and one commentator said that in a press conference in Liverpool that most of the American golfers couldn't name any of the Beatles.
Easy, Dung Beetle, VW Beetle, Beetlenut and Scarab Beetle.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!