Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday 23 June 2014

THE NORTH SEA IS STILL BROWN!

Lizzie and I went to Aldeburgh on the weekend. Great day to pick as it was festival day and there was not a single parking space closer than the Martello Tower end of the beach.

No matter, I jumped in and had a really good swim. I read last night that people in my home town of Auckland had a mid winter swim in the harbour and the water was a "numbing" 16C. Well I have news for you kids. The MID SUMMER temperature in the North Sea yesterday was 16C. Toughen up.

No Jellyfish at all, hurrah!

Swam today with William Owens in the river. He is 12 wants to swim the channel when he is 16. This was his first swim in open water and he did really well. One more of us, one less of them.

I am organising a record breaking swim in August. Still secret squirrel so details to follow.

Led Zep month continues on Planet Rock. It's like a stairway to heaven.






No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!