Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Thursday 3 October 2013

THANKS FOR RED CROSS SUPPORT

Many thanks to all of you who supported my 2 Channel swims this year.

The Virgin Money page has now closed and I am delighted to announce that coupled with the Beach Party at the Hare in Loddington, I raised £4000 for the British Red Cross to go towards a new Fire and Emergency Support Vehicle.

I am now getting back into training. I am trying to swim in the river at least once a week but with school commitments, I will need to use swimming pools. I swam in Harborough last week and today. Having not swum in a pool for 4 months, I had forgotten how hot, crowded and smelly they are. Harborough is a nice pool. I just hate swimming inside.

Listening to Cold Chisel Swingshift as I write this. Star Hotel, just legendary.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!