Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Sunday 14 April 2013

The week that was!

Well, I am safely back in town from the USA. We had a great time with Doug, Kate and Tabby and I got 11 days of superb swimming in.

I flew back overnight on the night before my birthday. Quite surreal really. When did my birthday actually start? US time, BST, or did I celebrate the day on NZ time as theoretically my birthday should be on the day before in the northern hemisphere. ( work it out if you find this comment strange). Anyway, I was so tired I virtually forgot that it was my birthday!

On Thursday I was at ST. Andrews (see my blog a few weeks ago for information)  where I participated in a health forum and had some photos taken with the current Red Cross support vehicle. My Jersey and Channel swims are to raise funds to purchase a new purpose built vehicle to replace the present one which is getting long in the tooth.

Looking forward to the 5th of MAY and the BEACH PARTY. Do come if you can, especially all you Russian girls who regularly view this site!

The Heart of Rock and Roll is still beating.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!