Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Saturday 15 September 2012

2 Way Windermere Swim

At the risk of totally boring you all to death, here are some startling facts about my 2 way Windermere Swim. Courtesey of the British Long Distance Swimming Association's offical record.

  • I am the first New Zealand born swimmer to do a 2 way swim.
  • I am the oldest ever to do this swim.
  • My 3rd of September swim is the latest in the year that this swim has been completed. 
  • This was the only completed 2 way swim for 2012.
  • I am the 24th fastest. The fastest time of 8 hours 44 is insane!
  • As I averaged 55 strokes a minute, the whole swim took me 42,900 strokes. (based on 13 hours swimming)
  • As I generally breath every 4 strokes, that makes 10,700 breaths.
  • I lost 4.5 Kgs over the course of the swim. After 27 beers, they somehow reappeared.
  • I felt like I had been in a car crash for 2 days afterwards.
  • I will never eat another Jaffacake again.
  • Am I on for a triple Windermere in the future. Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
I am currently organising my swims for next year. Big announcement next week.

Please don't forget Children's Liver Disease Foundation. Donations to:

2 comments:

  1. Amazing facts..... well done you.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hadn't stopped for the banana you would have broken the record!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!