Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Thursday 30 August 2012

Jersey rewind

Home now, safe and sound. Unfortunately the wind in Jersey would not allow any attempts at Jersey/France or around the island swim over the last 7 days. The wind needs to be force 3 or below, we had force 5 to 7 every day. I did a number of training swims and it was impossible to swim any distance in the rough sea conditions. Hey ho, I will be back next year.
Now I will refocus for a very testing double Windermere swim on Monday. 22 miles, fresh cold water so a real challenge.
Please remember I am doing this for Children's Liver Disease Foundation. Many thanks for your donations, more welcome.
https://www.justgiving.com/David-Coleman-Jersey2Franceswim

Lizzie and I met lots of lovely people in Jersey but the biggest pleasure and surprise was running into Simon Allen-LeBas, an old friend from the rugby days. It was wonderful to meet mum, Bill and Ryan and to see Tracey again.
Back to the Nene in the morning, lovely cold preparation for Windermere.
This immortal line applies to me regarding the weather.
Big girls don't cry.

1 comment:

  1. I know how disappointed you are after all your hard training but you can't control the weather!!
    Here's to an amazing x2 swim in Windermere.
    Love and support you always. xx

    ReplyDelete


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!