Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday 23 July 2012

North Sea delights!

Lizzie and I went over to Aldeburgh today so I could put some time in the open water. For once, it was a perfect day, 26C with the water about 16C.
The North Sea is a hard place to swim. The water is very silty, you really can't see your hand in front of your face! Not only that, there was a strong wind today that produced a big, choppy swell, BUT the current was in the opposite direction so I swam with the waves but against the current and then I turned around with the current but into the choppy waves. A true workout!
A reasonable jelly fish hit list, stung on both arms and across my chest, all in the same location on the beach. You could hear the language in Northampton! Still 8k done, felt great. Ready for Jersey. Made full use of Aldeburgh cafes. A great place to spend the day. Back to the pool now for a few days, mainly the Lido at Peterborough.
Don't forget.
Rock is king.

PS. I have just spent the night scratching like a monkey at a flea circus! Revenge of the jelly fish, welts over both arms. The things we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!