Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Flat out again!

As I am now on holiday, you may be thinking that I am resting, as suggested in today's title. Well dear reader, the opposite is true as I have had 2 very hard speed sessions this week. Swimming, flat out, get it? The first one was spread over 6400m (4 miles in old money) with a fast 3200m in the middle. This all felt surprisingly good and smooth. The second day I covered 5300m, made up of shorter sprints over 100m and 50m with short gaps in between. This was hard yakka as my arms were still a bit blown out from the day before. Still, I got the job done and felt good afterwards. Back to Peterborough tomorrow for a long easy 10k.
I am now a month away from Jersey/France. It can't come quick enough as I am jumping out of my skin. The paper today says that the weather is on the improve as the jet stream is finally moving north. Hurrah! Open water swimming is at the mercy of the weather so here's hoping August will be better than July.
At the moment I am listening to Hawkwind's Hurry on Sundown. Check it out, awesome!
Don't forget to rock before you roll.

1 comment:

  1. Just worked out how to do this. I'm sure all will be well for the Jersey swim.

    ReplyDelete


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!