Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Saturday 2 June 2012

4 Hour Sponsored Swim

On Saturday my school had a sponsored swimming event to raise money for our charity of the year, Mountain Rescue. I was amazed with the commitment of the children as over half of them swam over 100 lengths their hour long slots. I swam for the whole 4 hours and covered 12,000 metres. This was pretty mind blowing as the school pool is only15 metres long. That means 800 lengths and turns in 4 hours. Now I know how gold fish feel in small bowls. Yes I know they are all called Bob.
I felt fine afterwards and celebrated with a huge apple turnover that Lizzie had bought for me.
This has been a good week which included another 2 hour swim on Thursday followed by a session in the swimgym. I feel great and am very pleased with my training so far. Next week I will get into the cold water and do some serious open water sessions. Interesting to see how it feels as I am 10k lighter than I was this time last year.
I will update charity news regarding my summer swim soon. Waiting for a few details.
Keep on rocking in the free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!