Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Thursday 10 May 2012

Pyramid defeated!

My speed week ended with the dreaded pyramid on Sunday. 20 lengths down to 1 and then back up again. I maintained a really good pace and felt great that I had worked hard throughout the swim. I am back to longer swims this week, fitting everything around school days. I should get 4x 5k+ swims in this week. Lizzie and I are going to the International 7s at Twickenham on Sunday so here's hoping that I don't undo too much of my training!
There is one aspect of life that has me baffled. In packets of jelly babies, the endurance athlete's favourite rush, why are there dozens of red and orange ones but only a few green and yellow. They would probably say that it is customer response but I have never been asked, nor has anyone I know. This is frustrating as I hate red and orange and have to buy multiple packets to get out the green and yellow ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!