Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday 28 May 2012

Hard Core Baby!

This has been a far more productive week. You will be pleased to read that I am back to my bubbly self after my brush with the dreaded lurgy. The highlight of the week was Thursday's training session. I did 2 hours in the pool and then went straight to the Swimgym in Market Harborough. This is definitely hard core! For those of you unfamiliar with such places, the swimgym is like a swimming treadmill where you swim in the middle of the pool against a powerful current blasting at you from the end of the pool. I swam very hard and didn't move forward at all. Sounds like my normal pool sessions. I loved it and will do at least one session there a week in the build up to my August swim.
This week I will announce the charity that I will be supporting on the Jersey/France swim, so watch this space.
On Saturday we are doing a sponsored swim here at school for the school's charity this year, Mountain Rescue. Each year group will swim for an hour and I will swim for the whole 4 hours. A good excuse for a decent training swim.
Don't forget, it's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your 4 hr. swim at Maidwell.
    Love you x

    ReplyDelete


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!