Lake Windermere

Lake Windermere

Monday 30 April 2012

Stat Attack!

As far as my swimming year goes, the end of April represents the half way stage for me as I build up for my Jersey to France channel crossing on the 26th of August. At this stage I thought that it would be a good time to outline the training that I have done thus far! I am using the Zogg's my swim4fitness site as my training record. This is a great help as it automatically works out swim speed etc. So don't get too bored. Here goes.
So far in 2012 I have swum 336200 meters, spending 115 hours 31 minutes and 12 seconds in the water. This represents an average swim distance of just on 5000 meters per swim.
 I have had 2 x 15k swims, lots of 10k swims and recently concentrated on shorter 3.5k speed sessions. This has cost me 9 kilos this year and I am now close to my ideal swim weight.
Interestingly, I was doing 2.91km/h in January and February and now I have increased this to 3.11km/h.
So, onwards and upwards. Speed week this week. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Setting off. 7am. Only 13 and a half hours to go!